Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Genesis 32:1-21 Jacob Prepares ot Meet Esau

 Genesis 32:1-21 Jacob Prepares ot Meet Esau




Jacob continued his journey to his homeland. He sent messengers to let Esau know he was on his way along with all his belongings. When the messengers returned they told Jacob that his brother and 400 men were on their way to meet him. 


Jacob was afraid so he divided everything he had into 2 group with the hope 1 group would escape. 


Genesis 32:9-12

Then Jacob prayed, “O God of my father Abraham, God of my father Isaac, O LORD, who said to me, ‘Go back to your country and your relatives, and I will make you prosper,’ I am unworthy of all the kindness and faithfulness you have shown your servant. I had only my staff when I crossed this Jordan, but now I have become two groups. Save me, I pray, from the hand of my brother Esau, for I am afraid he will come and attack me, and also the mothers with their children. But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted. ’ ”


He picked gifts for his brother:


two hundred female goats 

twenty male goats

two hundred ewes 

twenty rams

thirty female camels with their young

forty cows

ten bulls

twenty female donkeys 

ten male donkeys


He sent them ahead with instructions to keep space between the groups. They were told that when Esau asked whose the were to tell him they were a gift for Esau from Jacob. And that Jacob was coming behind. Jacob sent them ahead and stay the night at the campsite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment