Monday, February 8, 2021

Genesis 28:10-22 Jacob's Dream at Bethel

 Genesis 28:10-22 Jacob's Dream at Bethel






Once again I am reminded of how many luxuries we have nowadays. 


Jacob started on his trip to Haran. When the sun went down he stopped to spend the night. He took a stone and used it as a pillow. 


Can you even imagine? Do you like you pillow soft?  I am not thinking there are any soft rocks out there. 


Jacob has a dream, in that dream there was a ladder that reached heaven. The angels of God were going up and down the ladder. At the top of the ladder was the Lord reminding him of the promise that he made to Abraham and Isaac.  This promise was also for Jacob. The lord remind him He would always be with him. 


Genesis 28:15

I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go, and I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have promised you.”


When he awoke he realized the Lord was there. He took the rock he sleep on the night before and poured oil on it. He named the place Bethel. He vowed that if he made his journey and he made it back then the LORD would be his God. 


Genesis 28:20-22

Then Jacob made a vow, saying, “If God will be with me and will watch over me on this journey I am taking and will give me food to eat and clothes to wear so that I return safely to my father’s house, then the LORD will be my God and this stone that I have set up as a pillar will be God’s house, and of all that you give me I will give you a tenth.”



No comments:

Post a Comment