Monday, February 15, 2021

Genesis 31:22-55 Laban Pursues Jacob

 Genesis 31:22-55 Laban Pursues Jacob






After 3 days Laban found out Jacob had left. He took his relatives after Jacob. It took Laban 7 days to catch up with Jacob. God came to Laban one night when they were in Gilead and he told him to not to say anything good or bad to Jacob.  When he overtook Jacobs camp he asked why he did what he did. 


Laban had many questions for Jacob. 


Genesis 31:26-30

Then Laban said to Jacob, “What have you done? You’ve deceived me, and you’ve carried off my daughters like captives in war. Why did you run off secretly and deceive me? Why didn’t you tell me, so I could send you away with joy and singing to the music of tambourines and harps? You didn’t even let me kiss my grandchildren and my daughters good-by. You have done a foolish thing. I have the power to harm you; but last night the God of your father said to me, ‘Be careful not to say anything to Jacob, either good or bad.’ Now you have gone off because you longed to return to your father’s house. But why did you steal my gods?”


Jacob told Laban that he could check his things to find anything he may have taken. Jacob was not aware that  Rachel had stolen the house god. She hid the gods and than she sat in the place they were there. When her father came into her tent she said that she could not get up because she was on her period. 


Jacob and Laban made a pillar of rocks and an oath. Jacob was to stay on his side and Laban was to stay on his side. 


No comments:

Post a Comment