Monday, March 8, 2021

Genesis 48:1-22 Manasseh and Ephraim

 Genesis 48:1-22 Manasseh and Ephraim





Word was brought to Joseph that his father was sick.  Joseph brought his two sons Manasseh and Ephraim to see Jacob. Jacob told Joseph about where his mother was buried.  Jacob asked him who he brought with him.  He told him it was his sons.  Jacob asked for them to be brought to him so he could bless them.  


Genesis 48:15-16

Then he blessed Joseph and said, “May the God before whom my fathers

Abraham and Isaac walked, the God who has been my shepherd

all my life to this day, the Angel who has delivered me from all harm

–may he bless these boys. May they be called by my name

and the names of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and may they increase greatly

upon the earth.”


Israel (Jacob) told Joseph that his younger son would be greater than the older son.  Jacob gave Joseph one more portion than he did to his brothers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment