Monday, March 15, 2021

Exodus 3:1-22 Moses and the Burning Bush

 Exodus 3:1-22 Moses and the Burning Bush





Moses was taking care of his father in laws flock.  When he come to Horeb, the mountain of God, there was a angel who appeared in flames of a burning bush.

God called to him from the burning bush.  God told him to take off his Sandals because he was on holy ground.  God told him he was the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  This made him hide his face because he was afraid to look at God.  


God told Moses he had seen the suffering of his people in Egypt.  God was there to rescue his people for Egypt and bring into a better land.  He told Moses he was there to send him to bring his people out of Egypt.  Moses’s response:


Exodus 3:11

But Moses said to God, “Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?”


God reassured him that he would be with him, but Moses can up with more reason he could not do it:


Exodus 3:13

Moses said to God, “Suppose I go to the Israelites and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they ask me, ‘What is his name?’ Then what shall I tell them?”


God told him to tell them that I AM sent him.  The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob has sent me. God told him to go and see the elders.  And tell them that I have sent you and that I (Moses) will bring you out of Egypt and bring you to a land flowing with milk and honey.  And take the Elders to Pharaoh and say to him that you need to take your people on a 3 day journey to offer sacrifices to the Lord our God.  God also gave him a preview of the wonders that he would perform.  He also told him that they would leave with treasures from Egypt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment