Friday, January 22, 2021

Genesis 18:1-15 The Three Visitors

 Genesis 18:1-15 The Three Visitors


Abraham asked the three visitors to stop and wash their feet, eat and rest awhile. Abraham and Sarah prepared a feast for the three visitors. Abraham stood near them under a tree while they ate. 


The visitors asked where Sarah was. Abraham told him she was in the tent. The visitor told him that this time next year you will have a son.  Sarah was inside the tent listening.  I laugh every time I read the following verse:


Genesis 18:12

So Sarah laughed to herself, saying, “After I am worn out, and my lord is old, shall I have pleasure?”


Can’t you just imagine Sarah eavesdropping on the group and then laughing. The Lord asked Abraham why Sarah laughed. The next verse is a good one to keep in mind. 


Genesis 18:14

Is anything too hard for the LORD? At the appointed time I will return to you, about this time next year, and Sarah shall have a son.”


Sarah was afraid so she lied and said she did not lie, he knew she lied. 


No comments:

Post a Comment