Thursday, May 27, 2021

Exodus 33:12-23 Moses and the Glory of the LORD

 Exodus 33:12-23 Moses and the Glory of the LORD




Moses asked the Lord to show him his way and also that he needed the Lord to go with them.  He also reminded God that the Isrealites were his people.  God told Moses he would go with him. 


Exodus 33:15-16

Then Moses said to him, “If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”


God reassured Moses that he would go with him and that the reason he was doing this was because he was pleased with him and that he knew Moses name.  


Moses asked to see God’s glory.  God told him he could but Moses could not see God’s face because no one has seen his face and lived. 


Exodus 33:21-23

Then the LORD said, “There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.”

No comments:

Post a Comment