Friday, January 4, 2019

Day 4: Girls Devo




Day 4 - Genesis 3:12-13

WORD: BLAME

Female characters 
Eve

Genesis 3:12-13
The man said, “The woman you put here with me–she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.” Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?” The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

Additional Reading:
2 Corinthians 11:1-3
I hope you will put up with a little of my foolishness; but you are already doing that. I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the serpent’s cunning, your minds may somehow be led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ.

Observations
I have to stop and control my laughter every time I read these two verses. Working with teenagers I see this scenario all the time. The his/she made me do it reasoning.  

Adam = it was the women you gave me
Eve = the serpent made me do it. 

And there was no reason to ask the serpent we all know why he did it. 

This has been going on sense the beginning of time. 

Ponder this
When you sin who do you blame? Do you admit to your wrong doing or blame the nearest person or thing? God is faithful and just and will forgive if only we can stop blaming other and just admit to our sins for what they are. 

Just for fun
Have a solo dance party

No comments:

Post a Comment