Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Day 2: Girl Devo



Day 2 - Genesis 3:1-6

WORD: Word

Female characters 
Eve

Genesis 3:1-6
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the Lord God had made. He said to the woman, “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?” The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’ ”“You will not surely die,” the serpent said to the woman. “For God knows that when you eat of it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil.” When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.


Additional Reading:
Genesis 2:16-17
And the Lord God commanded the man, “You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

Observations
The serpent was smart he know what to say to tempt Eve. He used a little truth and added more. We need to know the words of God to stand up to Satan and his lies. Even as I start uploading this devotional I realize that Satan know what to use against me.  He uses my fears to make me doubt what I am doing.  I have wanted to write a devotional for a long time.  I have even started several but the fear of doubt has stopped me for actually doing any thing with them.  This one I start this one in Oct 2018 and keep pushing off the launch date.  I need to be secure in Christ and his word and move pass my fears and trust in him to help me through my fears. 

In Matthew 4 is the temptation of Christ. 

Jesus was tempted 3 times and each time he used scripture to respond to Satan. 

Deuteronomy 8:3 - live on the word of God 
Deuteronomy 6:16 - don't tempt God
Deuteronomy 6:13 - only worship God

Ponder this
How well do you know the Word of God?  This is how we fend off Satan and the temptation of this world. We need to be intimate with His word. It should be the closest relationship we have in life. Reflect on your life where do you stand?

Just for fun
Call a friend up and go for a walk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment