Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Day 15: Girls Devo

Day 15

WORD: Bloodline 

Female characters:
Leah
Rachel

Reading:

Exodus 6:15  The sons of Simeon were Jemuel, Jamin, Ohad, Jakin, Zohar and Shaul the son of a Canaanite woman. These were the clans of Simeon.

Additional Reading:
Genesis 29:31-33
When the Lord saw that Leah was not loved, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren. Leah became pregnant and gave birth to a son. She named him Reuben, for she said, “It is because the Lord has seen my misery. Surely my husband will love me now.” She conceived again, and when she gave birth to a son she said, “Because the Lord heard that I am not loved, he gave me this one too.” So she named him Simeon.

Observations:
God showed mercy on Leah by opening her womb and giving her children.  Here sons would play an important role in the bloodline of Christ. 

Ponder this:
How has God blessed you?  

Just for fun:
Start a blessing journal

No comments:

Post a Comment